Oh, that's a much nicer link format than the version I knew about.

Thanks,

Antony.

On Saturday 08 September 2018 at 11:30:24, Gene wrote:

I forgot to give the link:
https://www.nvaccess.org/download/?nvdaVersion=2017.3

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2018 4:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] latest nvda that works on windows xp?

Before you go through the time and trouble of putting Windows 7 on the
machine, while XP is on it, find out the specifications of the machine
such as the chip speed and amount of RAM. If you don't know the minimum
requirements for Windows 7, let us know what you find out. The machine
may be able to run Windows 7 well or reasonably well, but it well may not
be able to.

As far as the latest version to run with XP, it doesn't matter at all for
what you are trying to do. Here is a link to the download page of the
latest version that runs in XP. You can run any version of NVDA as a
portable version without even having the program create a portable
version. When the installer runs and you have speech, you will be given
choices such as, install, create portable version, or keep running.
Select the keep running option.