Re: Talking about Tor: Is there any tutorial to use the programme?

To be honest, every software package you use is malware.

And its not because its malware, ages back microsoft developed a certification system based on signatures.

While thats used a lot, its either to expensive or only given to certain companies, microsoft uses it, norton does, some other manufacturers of high profile use it but most of us don't.

If your file has a known signature, ie is microsoft software then its fine.

If not it needs to be trusted.

With the degree of certs being dropped similar to people losing their keys quite a lot not to mention all the ssl issues over the past year or so, my view is that we should simply scrap the siganture security system or at least bring the cost down to a point where people would actually use it.

On 9/9/2018 2:40 AM, Mallard wrote:
lol! I wouldn't believe there's a virus in the browser... rather, I'd think there's a tendency on the part of some antivirus software to see a lot of open sourcr or somehow "non-standard" software as potentially harmful.

360 Total Security, which I'm using as an antivirus, kept blocking NVDA, and it took me a good deal oftime and effort to make it believe that NVDA is no malware...

Thanks Gene for your version of Tor. No hurry. Upload whenever you have time.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 08/09/2018 15:24, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William ha scritto:
Well, please don't spread miss leading information.
If you encounter virus, this is certainly not the problem of the browser , may be you have downloaded from non-trustful sources or may be the person has virus  already in his computer, etc. but there is nothing do with the browser itself.

Gene 於 8/9/2018 8:41 寫道:
You don't have to use it on the dark web nor with any unscrupulous sites.  It's intended use is to allow people who want to browse and make it vary hard to be tracked to do so. You can open any site you wish.  It is especially useful, from what I've read, for people living in countries where the Internet is censored.  You can see sites that are censored because you are using the server Tor provides and not using your Internet provider's server.  It is also much harder to track you.
Don't be frightened by the negative comments in this thread. Read the information on the web site and of course, if you want more information or to verify what you have read, there are all sorts of places to find information.  I'm sure Wikipedia has a comprehensive article about the Tor browser.
Also, I'll put the version in my Drop box account that I was talking about earlier today.  I'll do so either tonight or tomorrow.