Re: Talking about Tor: Is there any tutorial to use the programme?

Its not me, I was simply pointing out that most software doesn't have a valid security signature which is why antivirus stuff has issues with it.

That was my point.

Only certain software does, my other point was with all the certs being hacked/lost/released early or whatever that maybe it is not the best to use especially since a lot of normal non corperate users may not be able to afford it though I have not seen any proof of this.

On 9/9/2018 8:08 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
What on earth is your definition of "malware", Shaun?

Antony.

On Saturday 08 September 2018 at 22:05:05, Shaun Everiss wrote:

To be honest, every software package you use is malware.

And its not because its malware, ages back microsoft developed a
certification system based on signatures.

While thats used a lot, its either to expensive or only given to certain
companies, microsoft uses it, norton does, some other manufacturers of
high profile use it but most of us don't.

If your file has a known signature, ie is microsoft software then its fine.

If not it needs to be trusted.

With the degree of certs being dropped similar to people losing their
keys quite a lot not to mention all the ssl issues over the past year or
so, my view is that we should simply scrap the siganture security system
or at least bring the cost down to a point where people would actually
use it.

On 9/9/2018 2:40 AM, Mallard wrote:
lol! I wouldn't believe there's a virus in the browser... rather, I'd
think there's a tendency on the part of some antivirus software to see
a lot of open sourcr or somehow "non-standard" software as potentially
harmful.

360 Total Security, which I'm using as an antivirus, kept blocking
NVDA, and it took me a good deal oftime and effort to make it believe
that NVDA is no malware...

Thanks Gene for your version of Tor. No hurry. Upload whenever you
have time.

Ciao,

Ollie