Re: Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Mohamed

Actually I think that statement means that you can run it from a CD, but if you want to do that you need to run it from the installer, not the portable package that's created from tools>create portable copy.

On 9/9/2018 9:37 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
Section 3 of the documentation for NVDA
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html says:

"If you wish to copy NVDA onto read-only media such as a CD, you should just
copy the download package. Running the portable version directly from read-
only media is not supported at this time."

So, you need to use a USB stick instead.

Regards,

Antony.

On Sunday 09 September 2018 at 15:33:05, Nancy Shackelford wrote:

I put this on a CD, but it won't work in my laptop, for which I need
voice to fix; audio got disabled; I hoped to use NVDA with my
TripleTalk device, but portable is not doing anything. Are there
special things to know about making a portable copy? Does it need to
be on a DVD instead of a CD? Any and all help appreciated.

Nance