Re: NVDA’s compatibility with the Braille Me Braille display from NBP?

Christo de Klerk

I think that if you look at it now, you will find that a huge amount of work has been done on it. We started importing and distributing them here in South Africa recently and people are very happy with the machine.

Remember that the Orbit itself went through a disastrous launch and was withdrawn from the market for months. These teething problems happen with new stuff.

But to return on topic, the add-on for NVDA provided by Innovision makes the device quite compatible with NVDA and I believe that will be improved further with time. Innovision is very responsive to suggestions.

Regards

Christo

On 2018/09/10 01:39 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
yes, the braille me from nbp is the exact same thing as the braille me from innovision in India. When I bought mine, the dot quality was not that good. and when you would shake it, it would sound like you are shaking a box of hard candy or a box of marbles. The dots would not go all the way down, and it felt like reading a mix of good braille and badly erased braille. Unless this has changed? Also, some characters that show up in braille or brf files and brl files from some braille translation software would not even display on the braille me.