Re: Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

how did you disable the audio?

In most cases people just turn off the speakers or just turn the volume
right down.

Or the person would go into the sound settings and mute it.

If that was the caseĀ  I would use the windows key + letter R to bring up
the run dialogue type sndvol then press the enter key.

It would then land on the slider and you could use the up arrow key to
increase the sound if you tabbed once more it would land you on a check
box now a button and if muted press it with the space bar to unmute it.

I guess things are here to test us at times.

Gene nz

On 10/09/2018 10:03 PM, Nancy Shackelford wrote:
Thanks so much, Gene. I'll read more about this, but I am definitely
going to need sighted help with this, since my laptop got the audio
disabled; I know how to fix that, but I need help to do it.

Thanks again,

Nance

On 9/9/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

If you do it on a CD nvda must be in a directory called nvda and there
is a autorun.inf file that must be installed in the root directory of
the CD.

Also in later versions of windows now you have to go into the control
panel then autoplay part of it make sure the check box is checked to see
all devices and the following turned on right down near the bottom
called Software and games Install or run program from your media

If you look under the nvda audio tutorials page there are different ways
of starting nvda also putting it onto a CD and USB stick.

You will need to jump down by headings to you hear it either for a cd or
usb stick.

Gene nz