Re: NVDA’s compatibility with the Braille Me Braille display from NBP?

Sarah k Alawami

No it has not. The orbit is still around.

On September 10, 2018 13:06:59 "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I assume you are saying that the orbit has been withdrawn again as I recall
several uk people had ordered one but seen nothing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
From: "Christo de Klerk" <christodeklerk@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA’s compatibility with the Braille Me Braille display
from NBP?

I think that if you look at it now, you will find that a huge amount of
work has been done on it. We started importing and distributing them
here in South Africa recently and people are very happy with the machine.

Remember that the Orbit itself went through a disastrous launch and was
withdrawn from the market for months. These teething problems happen
with new stuff.

But to return on topic, the add-on for NVDA provided by Innovision makes
the device quite compatible with NVDA and I believe that will be
improved further with time. Innovision is very responsive to suggestions.

Regards

Christo

On 2018/09/10 01:39 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
yes, the braille me from nbp is the exact same thing as the braille me
from innovision in India. When I bought mine, the dot quality was not
that good. and when you would shake it, it would sound like you are
shaking a box of hard candy or a box of marbles. The dots would not go
all the way down, and it felt like reading a mix of good braille and
badly erased braille. Unless this has changed? Also, some characters
that show up in braille or brf files and brl files from some braille
translation software would not even display on the braille me.