Place markers? Which add-on are you referring to?
Best,
Felix
Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 17:07 Uhr schrieb Ervin, Glenn
<glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov>:

I don't think you have to tab to everything if you know the layout.
You can put place markers to the spots you use a lot, and press K to jump from one to the other.
If it is an edit field, you can press the letter E and you can search for part of a word on a page to go right to it.
And you can list links to arrow through links.
I have to do all this stuff in my work software.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to chat messages during a call in Skype for Windows 10.

I wonder why so many developers think tabbing around is our favorite mode of navigation. It's good for familiarizing ourselves with something, but as the only way of getting around it's inefficient. For any sighted dev lurking here, it's like having to click every button in between where focus is and where you'd like it to be. You would start hating it after some time. ;) Best, Felix Am Di., 11. Sep. 2018 um 02:11 Uhr schrieb John Isige <gwynn@tds.net>:

Oh huh! Maybe I'll try that then. If you figure it out that would be
great but I kind of started using the app because I didn't think you
could use the desktop version after 7. The other big thing I don't
like about the app is that if I don't get to the notifications in
time, like if I'm away from the computer, it leaves this window up
that just says "new notification" and I can't get rid of it. So it
kind of messes with switching apps and stuff, or if I close an app
instead of going right to the desktop I have to hit win-m because I'm
in the new notification window. Other than that it doesn't seem too
bad, I have to open it if I want to write longer messages but I've
been dealing with that OK. Being able to write shorter messages right
from the notification is kind of handy really.

On 9/10/2018 17:42, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi

Ok i have both on this computer but only using the skype 8.2 version
which is the desk top version. I will log out of that one and have a
look back in the other one to see.

Gene nz

On 11/09/2018 10:37 AM, John Isige wrote:
"Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8." So yeah,
not Skype 8.2, but the app version for Windows 10. I'm pretty sure
Windows
10 won't let you run the not app version, at least the last time I
tried downloading and installing 8, it told me I'd have a better
experience if I installed from the Microsoft store and gave me an
OK button, and that's it. I could go back to 7 since they seem to
be keeping it around, but I'm really trying to get used to whatever
Microsoft wants me to use so I don't have to worry so much about
what's maybe being killed when and then oh no it turns out that was
wrong and so on.

On 9/10/2018 17:28, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
hi

Is it the app version which is on windows 10? or the skype 8.2
desktop version?

Gene nz

On 11/09/2018 10:04 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hey all. Ran into something today for the first time. I was in a
call with somebody and wanted to send them a link in a chat.
Skype kept telling me that call controls were shown. There was an
option to hide the chat, but no way that I could tell to get into
the area where I could type a message. Tabbing through the
buttons there was an area where NVDA read nothing and I thought
that might be it, but it turned out not to be. So how do I get to
where I can type/send a link in a chat to the person I'm in a
call with? I checked the hotkeys and I don't see anything that immediately jumps out at me as relevant.
Please note, this is Skype for Windows 10, not Skype 8.

Funnily enough I was trying to send them a link to the NVDA basic
training. I ended up emailing them instead which was good because
I sent them a bunch of other links too. Still, I'd like to know
how to be able to do that when in a call. I assume it's possible.
There are also other functions, e.g. sending a file, that I
couldn't get to either, e.g. with tab. The set of controls on the
screen was pretty limited.