Re: COLUMN AND ROW HEADINGS
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
To go one step further with that, if you never want column and row headings reported in say Firefox, but do want them in Excel, you can use "configuration profiles" to do it.
1. Set NVDA up how you "normally" want it.
2. Open the program you want setup differently (eg Firefox)
3. Choose "Configuration profiles" from the NVDA menu, or press NVDA+control+p.
4. Press alt+n to create a new profile
5. Press tab to move to "Use this profile for".
6. Press the right arrow to select the "Current application (Firefox)" radio button.
7. Press enter to create the profile (the name that we left blank between steps 4 and 5 is automatically filled in with the program name - Firefox in this case).
8. In Firefox, make any changes, such as turning off reporting of row and column headers.
Now that the profile is setup, any changes you make to most NVDA settings while that program is the active window, are saved to its profile (eg, changing keyboard echo, the speech rate, punctuation or even synthesizer).
(as always, for more useful tips like this, check out "Basic Training for NVDA" in eBook, audio or Braille from http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/)
On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Heaven Botma <heaven@...> wrote: