Re: NVDA 2018.3rc1 espeak problem with Russian language.

Quentin Christensen

Yep, I wasn't judging them - I haven't seen their code, all I see the end results for users :)

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
Yes I saw the Russian problem or something like it on their mailing list a few days back. You are right, they fix one thing and break another. Reading between the lines I gather that they are trying to work with code that to be kind was brought into being in an organic fashion and things break due to the ramifications of a change not being obvious to the new team.
They seem to be trying to make things more ordered and certain things always fixed in the same way, not patched up as it seems it has been before.
However I still use the speech player in Espeak add on but with the old voice files. It stops a lot of the weird UK English problems.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2018.3rc1 espeak problem with Russian language.

I did see it here.  I passed it on to Mick, as this is exactly the kind of
thing we are looking for.  I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet
about how to proceed.  Every eSpeak release lately seems to be a two-edged
sword - fixing some bugs and introducing others!

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I saw this mentioned on the Espeak list. I'd imagine other languages might
be the same  as well. I did not fully understand the problem as you say
because I do not speak the language.

I think you need to raise a ticket on nvdas gather site for this as I
doubt anyone will see it here.
In the meantime,  speech player in Espeak is still downloadable as an add
on and is an older version of Espeak but I cannot comment on how it affects
Russian obviously, but the same variants are there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Александр Епанешников" <
aarnaarn2@...>