From: Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] itunes latest issue

I’m not so interested in being fair to Apple in this instance. Microsoft has made the office suite reasonably accessible on the Mac and even on I devices. Apple hasn’t done that well with iTunes or iCloud for that matter. As somebody who owned a Mac for years, hoping that Apple would catch up with Accessibility there and eventually I went back to windows, I’m disgusted. Far more people in this world use windows then use a Mac. I love the eye devices. Apple needs to step up his game on windows. It’s that simple.
Mary
On Sep 12, 2018, at 7:40 PM, John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

To be fair to Apple, Apple's stuff works pretty differently on Apple's
stuff, as opposed to Windows ports. I don't know if Safari under Windows
is usable, but it's usable, if pretty weird, on the mac.

On 9/12/2018 19:45, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Thanks for that.

On 9/13/2018 11:19 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Apple has an accessibility address

accessibility@...

wher you can send email. They also have a direct phone number to the
accessibility department. But I don't know about contacting them on
this line outside the U.S., since it is a toll-free number. (877)
204–3930

On 9/12/2018 4:09 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Yes it does, I was getting close to getting into apple devices, my
aunt well has this, they had issues with icloud, most of that is
fixed, I wouldn't complain but basically the entire window does not
display, on the desktop itunes, not sure about the app, not sure
about dolphin or jaws,

But a lot of us need to contact apple about this though I had a job
to even get accessibility the main support tech was almost
completely useless, I had to go through itunes billing to get a real
human the drone I had was useless, scarily enough, when I reached
apple access the person I got sounded almost but not quite like the
eva cortana voice, so who knows if that was real or not but who
knows I am sure it was <grin>

On 9/13/2018 11:04 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
that sucks:(

On 9/12/2018 5:56 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well, just updated to itunes 12.9, the main window is not visible
with nvda, narator can read it on win10 sort of but not fully,
nvda just treats it as a blank link.

After ages managed to talk to apple but they think its just an
nvda issue, who knows if they will actually fix this, and I was
thinking I would be going to eventually buy an i device.