Re: itunes latest issue

Mary Otten

You have to get used to the ribbon thing, but it is not an accessibility issue per se. It’s not like not being able to see the main window of a program. That’s a showstopper. The ribbon thing is just re-learning. Not fun. But it’s not in accessible.

On Sep 13, 2018, at 7:21 AM, Davy Cuppens <davycuppens@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mary

Partially you are right but being honest: are you a fan of the office ribbon menu system. I know almost no blinds are not.
Regards
Davy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] itunes latest issue

I’m not so interested in being fair to Apple in this instance. Microsoft has made the office suite reasonably accessible on the Mac and even on I devices. Apple hasn’t done that well with iTunes or iCloud for that matter. As somebody who owned a Mac for years, hoping that Apple would catch up with Accessibility there and eventually I went back to windows, I’m disgusted. Far more people in this world use windows then use a Mac. I love the eye devices. Apple needs to step up his game on windows. It’s that simple.
Mary
On Sep 12, 2018, at 7:40 PM, John Isige <gwynn@tds.net> wrote:

To be fair to Apple, Apple's stuff works pretty differently on Apple's
stuff, as opposed to Windows ports. I don't know if Safari under Windows
is usable, but it's usable, if pretty weird, on the mac.

On 9/12/2018 19:45, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Thanks for that.

On 9/13/2018 11:19 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Apple has an accessibility address

accessibility@apple.com

wher you can send email. They also have a direct phone number to the
accessibility department. But I don't know about contacting them on
this line outside the U.S., since it is a toll-free number. (877)
204–3930

On 9/12/2018 4:09 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Yes it does, I was getting close to getting into apple devices, my
aunt well has this, they had issues with icloud, most of that is
fixed, I wouldn't complain but basically the entire window does not
display, on the desktop itunes, not sure about the app, not sure
about dolphin or jaws,

But a lot of us need to contact apple about this though I had a job
to even get accessibility the main support tech was almost
completely useless, I had to go through itunes billing to get a real
human the drone I had was useless, scarily enough, when I reached
apple access the person I got sounded almost but not quite like the
eva cortana voice, so who knows if that was real or not but who
knows I am sure it was <grin>

On 9/13/2018 11:04 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
that sucks:(

On 9/12/2018 5:56 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well, just updated to itunes 12.9, the main window is not visible
with nvda, narator can read it on win10 sort of but not fully,
nvda just treats it as a blank link.

After ages managed to talk to apple but they think its just an
nvda issue, who knows if they will actually fix this, and I was
thinking I would be going to eventually buy an i device.