Re: itunes latest issue


Mary Otten
 

What do you mean when you say iTunes is the only way to update things? I never use iTunes to update anything. I just do it over the air. It is the only way to make a fully encrypted backup however. At least as far as I am aware.

On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:22 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well they say its an nvda issue, I wouldn't mind except itunes is the only way to update things, saying with the death of the store on windows, unless I use it for podcasts and such on windows which I probably won't there is almost no reason for me to ever use it except if I need to store a full backup, and I know a program like contacts backup will work for contacts, the rest is on icloud and the storage rates are fair enough.

It does appear that the itunes universal and the itune pc app have the same interface but the fact is I do wander if the itunes app was accessible in the first place, I never needed to check.

However, while I will soldier on with this, this latest issue may push me off of ios, not because its quite accessible but if I can't use the windows configuration and sync software properly then if it goes pair shaped then I have no chance at all.

On the other hand, with android the chance that my software to do things from windows is going to be accessible is probably low to and I know where to get apple stuff and it is only 1 single system to learn which is probably why I will still end up using it, as long as I have an old device, this latest issue is starting to make me think twice about putting all my stuff in the apple environment.

I have family now with apple devices with a lot of stuff, once your stuff is in apple its going to have to stay there and you will have to continue to use it, and while I won't get the latest something I am seriously thinking on my next device being with the competition.

To be honest if I didn't care for apps and as long as I have a 32 bit unit about I can continue using symbian phones for the rest of my life but there are so many reasons to actually get up and use apps these days.



On 9/13/2018 2:50 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
I’m not so interested in being fair to Apple in this instance. Microsoft has made the office suite reasonably accessible on the Mac and even on I devices. Apple hasn’t done that well with iTunes or iCloud for that matter. As somebody who owned a Mac for years, hoping that Apple would catch up with Accessibility there and eventually I went back to windows, I’m disgusted. Far more people in this world use windows then use a Mac. I love the eye devices. Apple needs to step up his game on windows. It’s that simple.
Mary
On Sep 12, 2018, at 7:40 PM, John Isige <gwynn@...> wrote:

To be fair to Apple, Apple's stuff works pretty differently on Apple's
stuff, as opposed to Windows ports. I don't know if Safari under Windows
is usable, but it's usable, if pretty weird, on the mac.


On 9/12/2018 19:45, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Thanks for that.



On 9/13/2018 11:19 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Apple has an accessibility address

accessibility@...

wher you can send email. They also have a direct phone number to the
accessibility department. But I don't know about contacting them on
this line outside the U.S., since it is a toll-free number. (877)
204–3930


On 9/12/2018 4:09 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Yes it does, I was getting close to getting into apple devices, my
aunt well has this, they had issues with icloud, most of that is
fixed, I wouldn't complain but basically the entire window does not
display, on the desktop itunes, not sure about the app, not sure
about dolphin or jaws,

But a lot of us need to contact apple about this though I had a job
to even get accessibility the main support tech was almost
completely useless, I had to go through itunes billing to get a real
human the drone I had was useless, scarily enough, when I reached
apple access the person I got sounded almost but not quite like the
eva cortana voice, so who knows if that was real or not but who
knows I am sure it was <grin>


On 9/13/2018 11:04 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
that sucks:(


On 9/12/2018 5:56 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well, just updated to itunes 12.9, the main window is not visible
with nvda, narator can read it on win10 sort of but not fully,
nvda just treats it as a blank link.

After ages managed to talk to apple but they think its just an
nvda issue, who knows if they will actually fix this, and I was
thinking I would be going to eventually buy an i device.










Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.