Re: link for firefox 52 esr last version to support full webvisum

Gene

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I don't know if this is still the case but in the old days, recaptcha used to use clips that you were supposed to write the words for.  But there may be some problem with this recaptcha because I've never heard of an I'm not a robot recaptcha using anything but numbers and letters.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] link for firefox 52 esr last version to support full webvisum

There is a field, and the audio file is not usable, as it is strange audio, like a clip from a TV show.

They had no clear answer for that.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] link for firefox 52 esr last version to support full webvisum

Are you saying there is no edit field on the site itself to enter the captcha? 

At times, sighted people are asked to solve a captcha as well.  At this point, we don't know if everyone sees no field or just screen-reader users.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:11 AM

It is my ISP log in for recovery of a new eMail password.

Their download audio downloads a clip of an audio recording, and when I told them about that, they said that their site must have been hit with something, because the audio files had nothing that could be entered.

I always try pages that don’t work with IE, WaterFox, and Chrome.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:08 AM

I suspect the audio captchas work and that there is some problem on your system that causes them not to work.  How can we check the captcha on your provider.  Do other I'm not a robot audio captchas work on other sites?  What browsers have you tested this on?

Also, as I recall, the I'm not a robot captcha gives you the option to download the file.  Does it give you the option and have you tried that?

Gene

Gene

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:54 AM

Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] [nvda] link for firefox 52 esr last version to support full webvisum

My cable provider has one of those

I’m Not A Robot

Links but it does nothing for me and their audio captchas don’t work.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] [nvda] link for firefox 52 esr last version to support full webvisum

You know… Someone was able to crack this nut once and while it’s a bummer that Webvisum was dumped, it apparently wasn’t impossible to put together the necessary tools to develop it. Other then the Accessible Apps guy who was charging something like $3 a month for a CAPCHA solution, no one else has really given a shot to recreate a similar one. Sure it sucks that you have to maybe pay for something that can be argued should be free, but those are the breaks. That or another intrepid developer can invest their time and money and skill into an accessible CAPTCHA solver out of the kindness of their heart until something’s actually done about the inaccessibility. Even if you pay, just deduct it from your taxes.

That said though, I can’t recall the last time I really had an issue with a CAPTCHA. Everything’s the I’m not a robot or audio option for the most part now.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:17 PM

Gene,

God only knows why your general stance is to say "black" when anyone else says "white," but it's as annoying as hell.

I got an invitation from a member here in 2016.  I went through the registration process.  That's where the process stopped.  Nothing comes back.

If anyone, and I do mean anyone, can complete a new account registration for Webvisum there are a very great many who would love to know how to do so.  I haven't seen a single example of success in several years and know that my own, following their instructions and getting an invitation from a member, went into the great bit bucket in the sky.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.