Re: itunes latest issue

well you need to remove itunes 12.9 it does appear it has issues with things.

maybe you need to tell apple about this go to google search for itunes business, download that, remove itunes, delete your library*.itl files in your music folder, install itunes business, then re add all your folders back shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do that as they will be in your itunes media folder, you will have to sign in to the store and there is a button which I forgot to customise the menu for the dropdowns but then you will be fine.

It does appear that there are access issues with itunes 12.9.

On 9/14/2018 5:25 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi Sean. I updated to 12.9 of iTunes and I’m having the same issues as your are. It sucks cause I listen to most of my Apple Music via iTunes on my PC and NVDA doesn’t read a thing. Narrator does, but I can’t press ent on any track to play it. It does nothing.

________________________________
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:22:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] itunes latest issue

Well they say its an nvda issue, I wouldn't mind except itunes is the
only way to update things, saying with the death of the store on
windows, unless I use it for podcasts and such on windows which I
probably won't there is almost no reason for me to ever use it except if
I need to store a full backup, and I know a program like contacts backup
will work for contacts, the rest is on icloud and the storage rates are
fair enough.

It does appear that the itunes universal and the itune pc app have the
same interface but the fact is I do wander if the itunes app was
accessible in the first place, I never needed to check.

However, while I will soldier on with this, this latest issue may push
me off of ios, not because its quite accessible but if I can't use the
windows configuration and sync software properly then if it goes pair
shaped then I have no chance at all.

On the other hand, with android the chance that my software to do things
from windows is going to be accessible is probably low to and I know
where to get apple stuff and it is only 1 single system to learn which
is probably why I will still end up using it, as long as I have an old
device, this latest issue is starting to make me think twice about
putting all my stuff in the apple environment.

I have family now with apple devices with a lot of stuff, once your
stuff is in apple its going to have to stay there and you will have to
continue to use it, and while I won't get the latest something I am
seriously thinking on my next device being with the competition.

To be honest if I didn't care for apps and as long as I have a 32 bit
unit about I can continue using symbian phones for the rest of my life
but there are so many reasons to actually get up and use apps these days.

On 9/13/2018 2:50 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
I’m not so interested in being fair to Apple in this instance. Microsoft has made the office suite reasonably accessible on the Mac and even on I devices. Apple hasn’t done that well with iTunes or iCloud for that matter. As somebody who owned a Mac for years, hoping that Apple would catch up with Accessibility there and eventually I went back to windows, I’m disgusted. Far more people in this world use windows then use a Mac. I love the eye devices. Apple needs to step up his game on windows. It’s that simple.
Mary
On Sep 12, 2018, at 7:40 PM, John Isige <gwynn@tds.net> wrote:

To be fair to Apple, Apple's stuff works pretty differently on Apple's
stuff, as opposed to Windows ports. I don't know if Safari under Windows
is usable, but it's usable, if pretty weird, on the mac.

On 9/12/2018 19:45, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Thanks for that.

On 9/13/2018 11:19 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Apple has an accessibility address

accessibility@apple.com

wher you can send email. They also have a direct phone number to the
accessibility department. But I don't know about contacting them on
this line outside the U.S., since it is a toll-free number. (877)
204–3930

On 9/12/2018 4:09 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Yes it does, I was getting close to getting into apple devices, my
aunt well has this, they had issues with icloud, most of that is
fixed, I wouldn't complain but basically the entire window does not
display, on the desktop itunes, not sure about the app, not sure
about dolphin or jaws,

But a lot of us need to contact apple about this though I had a job
to even get accessibility the main support tech was almost
completely useless, I had to go through itunes billing to get a real
human the drone I had was useless, scarily enough, when I reached
apple access the person I got sounded almost but not quite like the
eva cortana voice, so who knows if that was real or not but who
knows I am sure it was <grin>

On 9/13/2018 11:04 AM, Joseph Weakland wrote:
that sucks:(

On 9/12/2018 5:56 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well, just updated to itunes 12.9, the main window is not visible
with nvda, narator can read it on win10 sort of but not fully,
nvda just treats it as a blank link.

After ages managed to talk to apple but they think its just an
nvda issue, who knows if they will actually fix this, and I was
thinking I would be going to eventually buy an i device.