Re: Softwares to compose music for the blind

Arno Schuh

Hi,

Dancing Dots has afaIk. OCR for scores, too:
http://www.dancingdots.com/main/index.htm
I suppose the software to scan scores also is able to scan PDF.

Yours sincerely

Arno

Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2018 15:33 schrieb Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...>:

I have a sort-of similar question. I used to play piano in my sighted
days but mever memorised any of the music, prefering to read the
score as I played. Now I can't read a score I can't remember much of
those pieces.

I have PDF scores of a lot of piano music and wonder if there is any
way that something like Muse Score could open a PDF and I could
somehow figure out what notes are where? I'm thinking of chords with
three or more notes across both hands, my ear being unable to figure
them out by listening to a recording.

I'd love a means of converting a PDF or a midi file into a text from
which I can determine the notes ... the durations are less important
for me since I can remember how the pieces sound.

It's funny, I just asked a sighted friend for help with three notes
in Chopin's first ballade which I was struggling to remember just
this morning!

Thanks for any ideas (and no, I never learned to read Braille music)

Giles