that was the reason to ask I can emoticons put on or off.
thanks in advance
paul otter

Op 13-9-2018 om 18:31 schreef Chris via Groups.Io:

Because the emoticon add-on you have installed conflicts with nvda 18.3

Either go back to 18.2 or remove the add-on as its not really required anymore

Until you have removed the add-on you are going to have the issue 😃

From: P. Otter
Sent: 13 September 2018 16:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problems with nvda2018.3rc1

hi, please help me one mor times.
what you say was correct but how can I enable the emoji's
nvda 2018.3 rc1 don't read any emoji but i know it is possible.
 can I put it on or off somewhere and with which key combination does that have to be done?
thanks in advance

paul otter

Op 13-9-2018 om 02:14 schreef Quentin Christensen:

Hi Paul,

Press WINDOWS+. or WINDOWS+; to open the emoji panel, then either right arrow through the items in the current section, press tab to move to the sections and arrows to choose a new section, or start typing to search for emoji, eg "cake" 🍰, "Smiling" or "firetruck" 🚒 (as with many other search fields, you don't necessarily have to type the full thing - I typed "fire" to narrow the results down to a handful to get the fire truck).

Press ENTER to insert your chosen emoji, and escape to close the panel.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 5:16 AM, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:

and can you tell me, how can I create an emoticon while emoticons add-on is disabled?
i think it is very good possible that you're right!
please help.
thanks in advance!
paul otter

Op 12-9-2018 om 18:26 schreef Chris via Groups.Io:

Try disabling or removing the emoticon add-on see if that helps any, as nvda now supports emoticons itself