Re: Reason10 and NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi all music makers!

I have been asked to assist a blind person to use Reason10 with NVDA. He is studying a music-making course and the college uses Reason10 to create music and use a variety of synthesisers. My friend has to use this program or he cannot complete the course.
Has anyone else succeeded in doing this?

We have Reason10 installed on a laptop computer running NVDA and Windows 10. When we open Reason10 a logon screen comes up and NVDA can only detect a blank edit field followed by a protected edit field. No prompts are evident to NVDA and no other text or icons are detectable on this screen. We type the user name into the open edit field and the password into the covered edit field and press enter in hope of success. Nothing happens. We tried the reverse, even though that does not seem logical, and still nothing happens.

Is that it? Does someone else have a way to access this program?

All comments and observations welcome.

All the best,

Cearbhall