Re: Softwares to compose music for the blind

Sarah k Alawami

The stuff for writing notiatin is I think a bit old as they did update the key sig stuff and a lot more to work wiht nvda.

Take care

On 13 Sep 2018, at 17:52, John Isige wrote:

I missed the beginning of this, but if you're looking for stuff that does notation, MuseScore can at least read it, rather you can read it with it, and some work was done on making adding notation accessible, but I haven't messed with any of it. Here's the main MuseScore page.

https://musescore.org/en

Here's the accessibility stuff for writing notation.

https://accessiblemusicnotation.wordpress.com/2017/06/17/new-accessibility-work-on-musescore/

On 9/13/2018 18:49, Jackie wrote: > Well, there's always ABC, about which you can find out more here: > http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/doc/ABCtut.html > > On 9/13/18, Arno Schuh arno.schuh@... wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Dancing Dots has afaIk. OCR for scores, too: >> http://www.dancingdots.com/main/index.htm >> I suppose the software to scan scores also is able to scan PDF. >> >> Yours sincerely >> >> Arno >> >> Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2018 15:33 schrieb Giles Turnbull >> giles.turnbull@...: >> >>> I have a sort-of similar question. I used to play piano in my >>> sighted >>> days but mever memorised any of the music, prefering to read the >>> score as I played. Now I can't read a score I can't remember much >>> of >>> those pieces. >>> >>> I have PDF scores of a lot of piano music and wonder if there is >>> any >>> way that something like Muse Score could open a PDF and I could >>> somehow figure out what notes are where? I'm thinking of chords >>> with >>> three or more notes across both hands, my ear being unable to >>> figure >>> them out by listening to a recording. >>> >>> I'd love a means of converting a PDF or a midi file into a text >>> from >>> which I can determine the notes ... the durations are less >>> important >>> for me since I can remember how the pieces sound. >>> >>> It's funny, I just asked a sighted friend for help with three notes >>> in Chopin's first ballade which I was struggling to remember just >>> this morning! >>> >>> Thanks for any ideas (and no, I never learned to read Braille >>> music) >>> >>> Giles >>> >>> >> >> >> >> >> >