Re: Looking for a word processor

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

LibreOffice should work. I have more experience with OpenOffice but they are very similar, and Libre does seem to work better with NVDA. You can access .docx documents, but I do not believe you can save in that format, only in older MS word .doc formats. But MS office is downward compatible with these formats anyway, so anyone needing to read your documents with MS's product should have no trouble.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: September 15, 2018 7:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Looking for a word processor

Hi folks,

I am temporarily having to use a windows tablet, a very very old one with almost no extra space on it, and I cannot re-install Microsoft office on this thing because of space restrictions. Are there any ohter Word processors that can handle the .docx formats that are also accessible with NVDA?

Thanks,

~Ann