Re: beeping when nvda restarts

It's not an error at all. I'm using the screen curtain add-on. It beeps to let you know that it is working, and being used.

On 9/16/2018 5:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
The audio restore one seems to give an error when you boot up too, but itseems to be benign.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mohamed" <malhajamy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 5:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] beeping when nvda restarts

It may be from an addon, I know Screen Curtain beeps to tell you that it's running on NVDA startup.

On 9/15/2018 11:25 PM, Governor staten wrote:
Hello list. I can't remember when this started. When I restart NVDA, or restart computer, NVDA beeps or causes a beep. It's a very short C note, maybe a tenth of a second. How would I begin to track this one down? My Dell support software says there are no issues with hardware.

Further, this does not occur when I use Narrator, either starting it up or setting it up to be used from startup of the machine. Any help with this one would be much appreciated. Much thanks to all in advance.