Re: contact you off list

Antony Stone

Could you please quote the footers that you do see on a message (for example,
this one) so that I can understand what you are seeing, because it doesn't
macth what I am seeing.

I'm not suggesting that you are "talking out of your ass", but neither do I
like being told that I am not looking, because in response to a question like
this I have looked very carefully at the footers to make sure I am not missing
something.

It is simply not there for me, and I therefore assume that it is not there for
some other people either.

I do see plenty of footers such as "View/Reply Online (#47513)", comments
about who develops NVDA, a donation request, an invitation to join the IRC
channel, announcments about NVDA on Facebook and Skypetalking for NVDA, and
then at the end, the link to unsubscribe.

Thanks,

Antony.

On Monday 17 September 2018 at 17:10:50, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
I imagine that it's possible that if people are using certain webmail
systems,
this may get shown, but I'm simply pointing out that it's not safe to
assume
that the way one person sees information *about* emails is the same for
everyone.
Then you aren't looking. Unless you have some sort of bizarre client that
strips the ends from the messages this is a Groups.io feature.

I see it in Gmail webmail, Outlook 2010 and 2016, Windows Live Mail, Opera
Mail, and other clients. I'm not talking out of my ass here and I'm
really tired of being told that what I know, without question, is there
unless something outside Groups.io is removing it is not there.

"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

- Douglas Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.