Re: speech rate control

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marisane,

Gene's method involves opening NVDA's Speech settings.  As he noted, it's not the quickest way you were after, but offers slightly finer grained control over adjustment.

There is a shortcut key directly which is NVDA+control+up arrow to increase speech rate and NVDA+control+down arrow to decrease speech rate.

Press NVDA+control+left arrow or NVDA+control+right arrow to change which speech setting is adjusted (speech rate, pitch, volume, voice) with NVDA+control+up or down arrow, but rate is the default.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:56 PM Marisane Moruthanyana <marisanem@...> wrote:
Hi Gene

I thought that there is a short way or what is called on-fly method
like with jaws.

You are right that this is cumbersome.

I think that nvda developers or those designing addons should come up
with the simpler method activated by a key command.

Thanks though for your assistance.

Marisane

--
Quentin Christensen