Re: terminal software with NVDA

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

In my experience, Teraterm has been working the best for me and that's not always perfect. This is when using something like VI in OpenWRT, for example, which for the most part, lets me move about through the files good enough to edit them. Something that works much better though is to use WinSCP to get access to your server and use notepad to make your changes. It also makes moving around through the directory structure much quicker, that's if you don't wish to do things through the terminal. I know at one time, NVDA had gotten worse when trying to use applications like Teraterm, but as a few months ago, it was working okay for me.
Take care.

On 5/28/2016 7:49 PM, Jason Fayre wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering what terminal software people are using with nvda?

I've tried teraterm, putty and secureCRT. They all work well, but where things tend to fall apart is when editing files remotely.

I find that arrowing through files either line by line or character by character produces very inconsistent results. Lines or characters tend to be double-read.

Thanks!