Re: serious problem with nvda 2018.3 with firefox

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm also running the 64-bit version of firefox and haven't had any problems with it crashing with NVDA 2018.3.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] serious problem with nvda 2018.3 with firefox

Well I just updated & am not experiencing any difficulties here, ie, ff 62, Win10 1803, fwiw.

On 9/18/18, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:
It might also be a good idea to run Firefox w/addons disabled (if
instructions are required on that, please let me know). The easiest
way is to find your ff shortcut on the desktop & use shift-enter, &
acknowledge you wish to run FF in safe mode. But if you don't have a
desktop shortcut, there are other ways--just ask.

I also think those who are having problems w/web browsers might wish
to seriously consider the possibility of malware on their machines.

I saw the update come across late last night, but I haven't installed
it yet. I'll report when I do, for whatever my little 2 cents is
worth.

On 9/18/18, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@...> wrote:
Ahra,

It appears that most of the people having problems with NVDA and
newer Firefox versions are running a 32bit version of Firefox. So,
you do fit in that category. However, I don't believe you mentioned
the version of Windows you are running and that can make a
significant difference. Please also let us know if Windows is 32 bit
or 64 bit.

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn

´╗┐On 9/18/18, 10:12 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of zahra"
<nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:

even i tested firefox 61.01 32bit version of firefox with many
versions of nvda 2015.3, 2016.1, 2016.3, 2016.4, 2017.1, and 2017.2
and firefox crashed for me.
it crashed even when openning simple websites without scripts.
i believe that firefox quantum is not usable for screen readers and i
use 52.9esr forever by the grace of God.

On 9/18/18, Kwork <istherelife@...> wrote:
> No problems here so far. 64-bit Firefox on Win 10, 1803,
64-bit, NVDA

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe Jackie McBride Helping
Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com