Re: serious problem with nvda 2018.3 with firefox

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Ron

It all most sounds like the bug i reported for mozilla fire fox.

It was more to do with the betas and RC release of nvda i have not tested it with the 2018.3 release of last night.

The problem i had i am running windows 10 version 1803. it was a 64 bit machine running mozilla fire fox 60 up to 62 a 32 bit version of it.

This was with the betas and RC releases of NVDA. When you opened the browser it would simply crash all together and would come up with a bug report.

It still does it on 2018.3.

Funny thing was it did not happen with a alfa version of nvda nor with the 2018.2.1 version of nvda.

But if you use a 64 bit version of mozilla fire fox now on a 64 bit machine it does not crash. But as soon as you go back to using a 32 bit version of fire fox on a 64 bit machine it crashes on my windows 10 machine.

I think if you use a 32 bit version of fire fox on a 32 bit machine i do not think you would see the problem?

Gene nz

On 18/09/2018 9:58 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hello Quenton and List,

This is the first time I have reported any issues with NVDA and Firefox, but I do see in 2018.3 a major and terrible issue.  Every time I run and after using the dialogue to type in a new address or using the bookmarks in Firefox latest version, Firefox crashes.  This is consistent and absolute.  I did restart Firefox, the computer and then tried NVDA with all add-ons disabled.  Nothing solved the problem.  This is certainly a show stopper.

I am using Windows 10 latest version with a 64 bit 16 GB RAM 8 core Intel system.

Have you restarted the computer since you updated?  If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:10 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,
I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager