Re: firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Clive

I guess if it is the same problem one are you running windows 10 and if so which version or is it windows 7 or 8?

Are you using a 64 bit operating system?

I am guessing you are using a 32 bit version of fire fox on a 64 bit operating system? it seems to only have done this for betas and RC releases and now 2018.3 but not the alfa version.

It worked ok with nvda 2018.2.1 though.

A ticket has been made for this bug. It does not seem to affect the 64 bit version of fire fox though it works as normal.

Gene nz

On 19/09/2018 10:55 AM, Clive Pallett wrote:
Hello everyone,

I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?

I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett