From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: September 18, 2018 7:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Waterfox works with NVDA

Hi

If you have a 64 bit version of fire fox on a 64 bit operating system nvda will play nicely with it with nvda 2018.3

How ever it seems if you have a 32 bit version of fire fox on a 64 bit operating system it will crash. I only noticed this in the betas then the RC and now 2018.3

It did not seem to do it on the stable version of nvda 2018.2.1 or the alfa version. So some thing has changed between releases.

Gene nz

On 19/09/2018 11:49 AM, JM Casey wrote:

I’m unable to use Firefox 62 with JAWS without it hanging up/needing to be closed with task manager, however so far it’s working fine with NVDA 2018.2 (haven’t gotten the upgrade yet).

As for Waterfox, there are some things I’ve always been unclear about.

What, if any, advantage does it really have over firefox?

And how do they handle security updates/bug-fixes? If the versions were concurrent with Firefox at one time and they’re now at 56, that means they are lagging over a year behind the curve now.

Also, you can set your homepage with Firefox easily, so that it opens and goes straight to google, or whatever page you choose.