Re: Update On Firefox Crashing Issue

There is a 32-bit version of Windows 10.

The Refresh Firefox page is another one of those that uses design principles that make me want to tear my hair out.  There is what appears to be a "Refresh Firefox" button that the text itself identifies as a button, but it's not actually a button, it's a link, and that link is this:

                        https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings#

However, you cannot go directly to that link and have the Refresh Firefox Dialog show up, you must be on the Refresh Firefox page itself, first:

                         https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings#firefox:win10:fx62

The only way I can get this "button/link" to activate under NVDA is to use an NVDA search on "Refresh Firefox" until I am on the control, which gets announced as a link, then activating it.   After that, a conventional dialog box comes up.

It mystifies me why the idiotic practice of masking one webpage object as another is considered a good thing.  You can't tell me this button, which isn't a button really, could not actually be a button.  WYSIWYG should apply in a medium that's visual, and where you are likely to tell a screen reader user to search for the object type the thing appears to be!

           ~ Bertrand Russell