Re: firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Gene

Quentin and all

Have you seen people who use Firefox 32 bit in Windows 10 32 bit who report that it works properly?  I suspect this is a general problem with that combination but that since the number of people using that combination is rather small and since the update has been out for only about a day, we haven't gotten many reports, at least yet. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10  and using the latest Firefox that I upgraded last night. The 18.3 version of NVDA does indeed crash every time.

Thanks,

Jim

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected - there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox.  Interested to hear if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:

I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of  nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary
> On Sep 18, 2018, at 4:51 PM, ann <tate886@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I also had major issues with the newest NVDA and Firefox.
>
>
> I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.
>
>
> But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never occurs, not once.
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3
>> From: Clive Pallett
>> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:55:52 EDT
>> Hello everyone,
>> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
>> I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Service Innovation
Vision Australia
346 Macaulay Rd (cnr Stubbs St) Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org

Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision.  Opportunity. - logo

Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo  

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.