Re: firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Dear List

I am not sure which FirFox I am using, but I updated NVDA yesterday morning and I am running Windows 10.

Ever since I updated NVDA, FireFox crashes the minute it is opened.  I couldn’t even read the “What’s new” document in FireFox.

The interesting thing is that I updated my boyfriend’s NVDA yesterday and FireFox works perfectly on his laptop, which also runs Windows 10.  His FireFox may be an older version as the desktop shortcut is still “Mozilla FireFox”.  Furthermore, he has more AddOns installed on his NVDA than I do, therefore, I would like to go out on a limb and suggest that it is a combination of NVDA 2018.3 and the newest FireFox that causes the problem, as the crashes only came after I installed the new copy of NVDA.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7616 F 086 415 6835

www.innovationfortheblind.org