Reaching spelling errors in Office 2016 with NVDA, all versions

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello all,
Someone using NvDA 2018.2 and NVDA 2018.3 with Word 2016 reported to me that he is not able to reach spelling errors in a word document with NVDA.
he disables writing mode in pressing NVDA+space.
When he presses w or shift+W, he gets the error message: not supported in this document.
I tried to reproduce this problem, but I only have Office 2013 and can access spelling errors with the appropriate shortcuts.
Did anyone have this problem? Is there an explanation / a solution?
Thank you in advance
Best
Sylvie