Re: resolved [nvda] serious problem with nvda 2018.3 with firefox

Hi all,
Thanks all for your suggestions and comments.
I finally try replacing the 32 bit Firefox with 64bit Firefox and everything goes well now.

hurrikennyandopo ... 於 19/9/2018 7:19 寫道:

Hi

Grab a 64 bit version of fire fox it does not seem to crash on it only
the 32 bit version.

I downloaded a portable version  which had the 32 bit and 64 bit version
of fire fox to see if i had the same problem.

Are you using a 64 bit operating system and if so is it windows 10? 8 or 7?

If so grab the 64 bit version of fire fox but if you are using a 32 bit
version of windows and the 32 bit fire fox browser crashes i guess there
would be more reports.

Gene nz

On 19/09/2018 10:50 AM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi,
I wake up today and restart the computer, the problem is still here.
I am using win 7 64bit and Firefox 32bit.

William

Cohn, Jonathan 於 18/9/2018 23:18 寫道:
Ahra,

It appears that most of the people having problems with NVDA and
newer Firefox versions are running a 32bit version of Firefox. So,
you do fit in that category. However, I don't believe you mentioned
the version of Windows you are running and that can make a
significant difference.  Please also let us know if Windows is 32 bit
or 64 bit.

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn

On 9/18/18, 10:12 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of zahra"
<nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:

     even i tested firefox 61.01 32bit version of firefox with many
     versions of nvda 2015.3, 2016.1, 2016.3, 2016.4, 2017.1, and 2017.2
     and firefox crashed for me.
     it crashed even when openning simple websites without scripts.
     i believe that firefox quantum is not usable for screen readers
and i
     use 52.9esr forever by the grace of God.

               --
     By God,
     were I given all the seven heavens