Re: winamp interesting news

Well I really want winamp's plugin database to come back.

Well more than that.

I want the database to stop being crap.

Now winamp is not crap and its plugins are not crap but there is a lot of or were a lot of outdated things there.

One thing I really did hate, was that from time to time, an plugin would need updating, that was fine, you load another version of winamp.

Winamp crashes.

But it crashes like this.

Winamp has stopped responding because it has.

Your computer needs a good reformat, please send an error to microsoft then reformat.

Or crash with a lot of junk or not even start.

The only way to fix this was to.

1.  copy out all the plugins, reinstall the normal ones.

And slowly copy things in till the crash then noting that down, then copying the rest in.

Finally search the net to find the updates which wasn't hard by any means.

I do think something like winamp can not start because files are out of date and then make a log of them or update them or something.

At least if its logged I can find and update the files or get something different.

It didn't happen a lot, but because you never knew what was outdated it took you at least an hour to find what was not compatible.

Once you knew what it was, you could find  and install the new plugins in 5 minutes and winamp worked afterwards to.

Its just about the only thing I disliked.

It didn't happen that often about 5 times during its life I had to update a few plugins but I still didn't like it.

On 9/19/2018 10:07 PM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!

Good to hear that there are finally plans to update Winamp. I'm currently
happy with version 5.66, but if the future version turns out to be
accessible and just as good, if not better, I'll update. At the moment it's
just a case of wait and see what happens and what the new update is like,
and whether it will be accessible with NVDA of course.

Bye for now!

From Clare