Keeping NVDA from saying "selected" after switching to a new gridcell?

Hello,
GSheets has a new Braille View that uses aria grid. I would love to use this mode with NVDA, but every time I move to a new cell, NVDA says: "selected" after the cell contents and before the coords.
how do I turn this "selected" off? I don't need to know the cell I'm on is selected.
The only time when the cell under my cursor is not selected is when there is a multiselect mode where you press space to select cells and arrow keys to move around the cells. I don't see this very often, so would prefer "select" is off by default.
Thanks,