Re: NVDA 2018.3.1rc1 fix for Firefox crashing

Ron Canazzi

Hi Quentin,

This looks good. I have tested on and off for the past few hours and not only have I not experienced any crashes, but even cluttered web pages and pages where streaming is broken or malfunctioning, NVDA does not lock up nor does the browser seem to hang.  Things seem quicker and much less sluggish.

I must depart from the script a bit here to give a great round of praise to the tech support people at NVDA and whatever contacts they have at Mozilla itself for tracking this down within 48 hours.  I used to be a private beta tester for Freedom Scientific and my self appointed specialty was the Mozilla programs: Thunderbird and Firefox.  I never got such quick results in almost 11 years of testing.  It got so bad near the end of my tenure there that I got a bit too critical and they fired me.  This after over ten years of service and for those who pay an exorbitant amount for such screen access.  All I can say is kudos to all those folks at NV Access and Mozilla for their efforts!!!

Hi everyone,

Mick has worked overtime and compiled NVDA 2018.3.1rc1 to address the issues with Firefox crashing.

Please download it and let us know if it has fixed it for your or whether there are still problems.

Kind regards

Quentin

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.