Re: firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Mary Otten

Thanks, quinton. I think I really should update to the 64-bit version, since the reason I originally got the 32-bit version seems no longer relevant. I would like to replace my 32-bit version of the extended release that I think his version 60, with the 64-bit version. But I haven’t done that yet. I have to admit to being not all that great on windows after a several your absence doing mostly Mac and moving from XP to Windows 10. Slow learner.
Mary

On Sep 18, 2018, at 6:13 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected - there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox.  Interested to hear if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:
I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of  nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager