Re: NVDA 2018.3.1rc1 fix for Firefox crashing

Quentin Christensen

Hi Gene,

We have now released NVDA 2018.3.1 which supersedes the rc build (aside from the version number it's identical).  We've updated the release announcement and links: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/announcing-the-release-of-nvda-2018-3/

The menu thing sounds like something else, so it was almost certainly there before, but something to look into now.

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:43 AM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin

I just went to install nvda 2018.3 over the 2018.3.1 rc1 release and it said the stable version of NVDA 2018.3 was older so i stopped. I am guessing there will be a update of nvda to nvda 2018.3.1 coming when there is more reports of it been fixed?

Gene nz

Hi Gene,

NZ time, yes about what, 2am for you in NZ?  We released it around Midnight AEST :)

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:28 AM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin

I just noticed this email did it come in last night? I see the time but no date. I also noted it is 2018.3.1 RC1 which i do not think was there going to the snap shot page?

Just in the process of downloading it then testing it. I have also made a portable version and trying it out with the installer version as well.

Or is this a separatebranch to the others.?

I will get back to you after some testing.

Gene nz

Hi everyone,

Mick has worked overtime and compiled NVDA 2018.3.1rc1 to address the issues with Firefox crashing.

Please download it and let us know if it has fixed it for your or whether there are still problems.

Kind regards

Quentin

--
Quentin Christensen