Re: New problem

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hi you cannot send attaches here or images. In any case as most of the devs are blind its better to actually put the text in the email manually or ocr it before sending.
I have noticed an issue on and off for some time where the machine after an update does not reboot and displays a message about not being able to write to a file. Hitting esc and then restarting nvda fixes it. It only seems to happen on machines with ssd drives in my experience and is due to windows being too slow to let go of the log file on the previous session so when nvda starts and attempts to rename it to old, it fails or the new log cannot be created as the log is tied up being renamed, one or the other.
Other issues are the inability to write the desktop icon due to a protection setting in windows being on.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:10 AM
Subject: [nvda] New problem

Hi Q,

I installed the new 18.3.1 version at work on a Windows 10 laptop. Nothing to do with Firefox this time.
As part of the installation I got the following message as per the image.
I assume this will cause some problems with speech along the way.

[cid:image001.png@01D450EB.B772FCD0]

Thanks,
Jim.

Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Service Innovation
Vision Australia
346 Macaulay Rd (cnr Stubbs St) Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@visionaustralia.org
www.visionaustralia.org

[Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision. Opportunity. - logo]

[Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo]

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.