Re: converting EPUB to word offline

Rob Hudson

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:
What's the purpose of converting the epub books to other formats?

That isn't really a productive answer to the poster's question, Travis old chum. Our job is not to tell listers that what they want is wrong, even if we think it is. Opening the epub and dumping the often cryptically named files into a dir does work, but is not very efficient, if you want continuous reading, for example.
The answer for converting epubs to other format is calibre e-book management software.
http://www.calibre-ebook.com/
There is a front end gui for the ebook-convert program at
http://opopanax.net/download/
And calibre has excellent documentation detailing all its command line options.