Re: FW: [nvda-addons] Project Pylennium: updates, proposing start of Python 3 pre-transition activities

Ryan Mann

Wouldn’t that mean that machines running a 32-bit version of Windows would no longer be able to run NVDA. That would not be good since some of the computers at the organization I work for are running 32-bit versions of Windows. Therefore, I would no longer be able to use those machines to demonstrate NVDA.

On Sep 21, 2018, at 6:52 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi, I'd just like to clarify that no actual release of nvda powered by the new compiler is going to occur until all code runs on windows 7sp1.
Also what is the attitude these days to a 64 bit version on nvda itself, as I feel such a move may well impact on some of the current bottlenecks in processor core usage and other issues.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 1:46 AM
Subject: [nvda] FW: [nvda-addons] Project Pylennium: updates, proposing start of Python 3 pre-transition activities

Hi everyone,

Although the below post is a bit technical, please keep an eye on it. You
won't feel the impact of what I outline regarding Python 3 transition for a
while, but when it does, please listen to notices from NV Access and add-on
authors regarding Python 3. And no, wxPython 4 is not the same thing as
Python 3.

Thanks.