Re: problems starting nvda with windows 1809 as an insider

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  I'm not concerned about Adobe Reader at this time.  I'm more concerned about getting NVDA back to running.  I'm running the tool to hopefully return the NVDA program on this machine.  If not, how can you download a new version of NVDA without giving a donation at this time?  I'm retired, so, don't have a lot of extra cash to give right now.

Dave

On 9/21/2018 3:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I'm not sure what the problem is nor if the two problems are related or completely separate.  You can undo a restore operation.  You may want to do that.  If you don't know how, tell us the version of Windows you are running and someone will probably tell you.

Then, you may be able to do whatever you want regarding NVDA, if you still need to, but undoing the restore will probably allow it to work again.

As far as Adobe is concerned, before you do anything else, let us know what happens when you try to run it.  Is there an error message?  Does nothing happen?  There are logs in Windows that may give information on what the problem is or may be.

Gene
----- Origfinal Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 3:54 PM
Subject: [nvda] problems starting nvda with windows 1809 as an insider

This morning Adobe Reader wasn't working, so, I decided to run a restore
on my computer.  It's running win1809 64 bit version. After the restore
was completed I just received a jingle when the machine starts up.  It
doesn't make any difference if alt+y for the uac is pressed or not.  I
was going to uninstall nvda, but I can't get past the area to give a
donation in the web site.  It doesn't make any difference whether admin
is used from the shortcut in my desktop.  I have also tried using the
option to run with Jaws.  I've also tried to refresh it or go back to
the previous version and also tried problem solving it but nothing seems
to let me in.  Thank in advance for help here.

Dave