Re: Need some browser and screenreader input on a page

Peter Beasley

                I just went onto the site and went to the events heading and dates semed ok here.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: 22 September 2018 20:15
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Need some browser and screenreader input on a page

Our charity has a page with an events calendar on it at

www.kingstonassociationforblind.org

Now with nvda, I can navigate by header to the  frame with the calendar in

it. I can hear it say the date its showing events from, with a clickable if

you wish to change it, but when I cursor down, it seems that the calendar

date is a month before the date its supposed to be.

With me so far?

However just powered up jaws 2018 and tried to do the same thing. Headers

do not seem to work to that point. I need to stop before it and go down, but

I'm still cursoring down and this time the event in the calendar does not

alter at all. This is in the latest version of firefox and the latest

version of Waterfox. Both seem to behave  the same, ie differently on the

calendar.

Its as if the calendar thinks I've hit the scroll up in nvda but  is OK in

Jaws. About the headings, well I am not an expert on Jaws, so I might be

missing something.

So what is occurring, our site builder is beginning to lose his mind!

Brian

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-