Re: NVEDA sort of half locking up when working with firefox

Jacob Kruger

Problem with IE is that on this windows 10 machine, it has been crashing on/off, all by itself for a little while - most likely some or other service pack, or OS update made it 'unhappy', and that's why have hardly ever been trying to use it for a while now.

Don't really remember it having much of the same speech-freezing effect on NVDA, but, last time really used it consistently was a couple of months ago.

I do also use google chrome at times, but, just prefer firefox over it most of the time, and part of that issue is if I keep on retyping in address bar, it's inconsistent when it comes to trying to focus on page contents.

Also, as a web developer, parts of firefox work better for me when playing around with web content source code, javascript, etc., but, that's primary since haven't really been much of a chrome user at all up until now.

Also, the reason I specifically upgraded to firefox 46 was since this was starting to re-occur in firefox 43 recently.

Like said, don't think it's an issue with NVDA itself, but, some or other combination of things that's started happening recently.

And, since I often enough install, uninstall, reinstall various other bits of software, I generally also reload my operating systems from scratch roundabout every 6 months or so, just because, so might consider that in the not too distant future as well, in case, but, would still like to know what's causing something like this, just in case.

Am also trying a couple of other clean-up fixes, but, will only mention them later on if they seem to make a noticeable difference.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"