From: liblouis-liblouisxml-bounce@... [mailto:liblouis-liblouisxml-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Paul Wood
Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 4:21 AM
To: liblouis-liblouisxml@...
Subject: [liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: FW: [nvda] Emdash displaying weirdly on Focus 40 Blue Braille display with NVDA

Hi Joseph,
Sorry for slight delay I was consulting our braille expert and me had some network probs here yesterday!
From what I understand the unicode character is probably not defined, so is showing something like \x2014. In UK (SEB) braille there was not a definition exactly for em-dash and en-dash but there was for hyphen, short dash and long dash. dots: 36, 36+36 and 36+36+36+36 respectively. I presume the em-dash should be assigned to 36+36+36+36 these are all without spaces. I presume you know the UEB situation.
On a totally different subject do you know if NVDA support Alva Delphi 440 braille displays?
Cheers
Paul

On 05/03/2016 18:08, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi Paul,

In UK braille, what is the proper braille dots for em dash? A user of NVDA reports that wrong dots are displayed for this symbol in UK braille code (as you can see below).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 09:00:41 -0800

Hi,

UEB support: NVDA is using a really old Unified English Braille (UEB) table set. I plan to compile a third-party try build that’ll include newest UEB table set for testing purposes (I’m one of the table maintainers for UeB in LibLouis project).

Cheers,

Joseph