Text out delay

Igor Kaplan

Hi all,

  I am using the NVDA to ssh to the remote linux machine.

The remote server connection is little slow, so NVDA speaks faster then I would like to.

  For example, while using arrow keys to move up and down, the line is spoken before actually cursor moves to next or prior line.

  My question, is there any way to make nvda to delay before speaking, like the text out delay in Jaws or window-eyes? Is there any add-on? I don’t think, there is the setting in NVDA itself, I believe, I checked everything.

  I am sure, it would be possible to write the script, which will delay the speech while moving cursor keys, before trying to do so I would like to check, if something like this already exists.

  Thanks so much for any information.

  -Igor.