Re: CAPTCHA Be Gone abandoned also?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

You write in part:

"There is no reason to believe that people volunteering to assist in this way are doing so to do you harm."
There is also no reason to believe that they won't do you harm!  As someone who has been more or less self sufficient for my whole life, who now, because of declining health, must depend on others: both volunteers and those who are paid--not much but something--I have been ripped off several times in the past year since I have needed such assistance.

On 9/24/2018 10:12 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 02:55 AM, Richard Bartholomew wrote:
Also, you are placing a lot of faith in someone who will probably be able to see your logon details as well as the captcha!
Well, for myself, as a volunteer for Be My Eyes, I know very well both what the formal rules are (which would forbid such unethical behavior) and the informal rules are (which would forbid such unethical behavior).

Also, as has been pointed out, passwords themselves are virtually never shown by default, and I can't imagine there's any blind individual who would frequently wish to turn on the show password feature where it is available.

It is one thing to be cautious and another to be paranoid.  There is no reason to believe that people volunteering to assist in this way are doing so to do you harm.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"