From: Giles Turnbull
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 3:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] stopping DropBox from importing photos from removable media

Hi all,

I've recently installed DropBox onto a new laptop. On my other devices I've
obviously managed to turn off importing photos but on this new laptop I need
to make the required change in my account preferences.

First of all I searched the net for instructions on doing this but it said I
should look for a chekcbox by the import photos or import photos and videos
... obviously the checkbox should be checked to allow importing and
unchecked to disable it. I could find no such checkbox using NVDA.

SO I asked in the DropBox community and was told essentially the same advice
... use the checkbox.

Is there a reason I'm not finding the checkboxes with NVDA 2018.3.1 using
browse mode or object navigation?

Any advice on turning this setting off would be very welcome!

thanks,

Giles