Re: NVDA 2018.3 running slow in Windows 7

Quentin Christensen

Hi Cearbhall,

It's entirely possible that I wasn't paying enough attention recently, but the main issue with Firefox that I was aware of was the one with 32-bit versions crashing under NVDA 2018.3 which was why we released 2018.3.1.

If Firefox is working but slow, and your user is running NVDA 2018.3.1, that's a different issue.

I'd try the usual things first - ensure the computer has been rebooted since installing NVDA, try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled.  Assuming you've done all that, a copy of the log, ideally at debug level, might shed some light on what's going on.

In terms of which version to use, the latest version SHOULD be fine, as far as I know.  It's what I'm using although I don't use my Windows 7 machine all the time (and even then, it's 64-bit).

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 3:56 AM Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin et al,

A colleague reported today that the Latest Firefox is running very slow when she have NVDA running in Windows 7. She has good eyesight and finds that Firefox runs smoothly and snappily when NVDA is not running.

Is this the issue that has been reported recently?

If so, what version of Firefox should she run with Windows 7 and what version of NVDA would be recommended also.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager