Re: CAPTCHA Be Gone abandoned also?

Gene

I think the person who wrote the first message expressing unwillingness hadn't considered that the password wouldn't be shown.  Of course, that person may comment on that if he/she wishes.  That being the case, as the song from West Side Story says, "You're well protected."

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] CAPTCHA Be Gone abandoned also?

Hey Gene,

Mark this a red letter day; I totally agree with your sentiments.

On 9/24/2018 1:33 PM, Gene wrote:
I assume that in general, such people don't intend to do harm.  But I still would not show or share personal information wit them unless there were no alternative.  Hiding your password should be adequate protection.  But just as I don't assume that most volunteeers at the service would do me harm, I'm not going to assume that none of them will.
If it is ever necessary to disclose personal information, I would disclose only what is necessary and nothing more.

Aside from that, I'm not sure using a service like this to solve a captcha would work.  You may want to comment on the clarity of what you see when someone sends a camera image of a screen to someone.

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 9:12 AM

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 02:55 AM, Richard Bartholomew wrote:
Also, you are placing a lot of faith in someone who will probably be able to see your logon details as well as the captcha!
Well, for myself, as a volunteer for Be My Eyes, I know very well both what the formal rules are (which would forbid such unethical behavior) and the informal rules are (which would forbid such unethical behavior).

Also, as has been pointed out, passwords themselves are virtually never shown by default, and I can't imagine there's any blind individual who would frequently wish to turn on the show password feature where it is available.

It is one thing to be cautious and another to be paranoid.  There is no reason to believe that people volunteering to assist in this way are doing so to do you harm.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"